Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2024

209 - "What's the Bottom Line for What You Do" Isaiah 57-58

                                              

Look at how many times the prophet says that this is what God says.  A message from the Holy One. God, the Son, is saying:  "I am coming soon."  

Until He comes, His Grace is with us in the midst of every sigh, every sorrow, every secret, every suffering.  We may be crying in HEARTACHE, but we can be living in HOPE.
  
A Message from the One Whose Name is Holy:  "I live in the high and holy places, but also with the low-spirited, the spirit-crushed, And what I do is put new spirit in them, get them up and on their feet again. For I'm not going to haul people into court endlessly,"  Isaiah 57:15.

Face my family with their sins! Isaiah 58:2-9. They're busy, busy, busy at worship, and love studying all about me. To all appearances they're a nation of right-living people—law-abiding, God-honoring. They ask me, 'What's the right thing to do?' and love having me on their side. But they also complain, 'Why do we fast and you don't look our way? Why do we humble ourselves and you don't even notice?' "Well, here's why:
 
"The bottom line on your 'fast days' is profit. The kind of fasting you do won't get your prayers off the ground.  "This is the kind of fast day I'm after:  to break the chains of injustice, free the oppressed, cancel debts. What I'm interested in seeing you do is:  sharing your food with the hungry, putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad, being available to your own families. ...  
Then you'll be free to enjoy God! 

"Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good work and word." 2 Thes 2:16-17

PHOTO: An unstable shaky railway in Pittsburgh. Looks really good and the view is fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment