Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2018

"Open My Mouth Again" 2 Samuel 12-13, Luke 16

David sits in a season of sin. He watches Bathsheba come to full term and deliver his son. A son, born out of conniving and deceit and grave envy. David penned no poems while God wrote the story. David sang no songs on his harp. David survived but wasn't really alive. Until his friend Nathan came to him. Nathan wasn't sent for. God sent Nathan to David. Nothing touched him during those nine months and delivery. But the words of Nathan pierced his very soul. "I have sinned against the Lord." 2 Sam 12:13. He knew. Psalm 51:13, 15 - restore to me the joy of my salvation; open up my lips that I shall speak again. "I have seen your ways and I will heal you." Isaiah 57:17-18. God sends someone something after us before we even seek after Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment