Search This Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2017

June 11 "What's In It For Me?" Job 35-37

“Do you think this is just?
    You say, ‘I am in the right, not God.’
Yet you ask him, ‘What profit is it to me,
    and what do I gain by not sinning?' Job 35:2

Is this right?  Can we question God?
Job's friends accused Job of wrongdoing.
They thought you had to figure out God and
then do what was right before God.

Here is the point:  what profit is it to me?
I cannot answer the question ""
That's not the way to advance the Kingdom
but rather selfish living. 

"The morning star is visible when the darkness is deepest."
Joe Biden quoted this when his son died of cancer. 
What's in it for me? Well, that won't get us freedom
in this Kingdom of ours.  If I can just nail when those
questions toss around in my mind, I'll know that it is not
Kingdom Living.  Because the only way I can grasp the
desire to live for another Kingdom---and not my own---
is by being aware of that gripping thought and letting it go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment