Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 23 "Sometimes Don't Recognize Providence" Exodus 16-18

Sleep sweet tonight.  Providence will provide.  The Israelites could do nothing to make the manna.  What is it?  Exodus 16:19.  Bread from heaven, the holy storehouse.  Just enough for what they needed, nothing more, nothing stored.  And everyone enjoyed life just as much as the other.  Sometimes, like manna, we don't recognize God's provision, God's hand.  For forty years, God rained down manna.  And then it stopped when they crossed into Canaan.  What is God providing for me that I don't recognize?  How is God meeting my needs in ways I never expected?

PHOTO:  It's about to rain on the shores.  Can't imagine manna falling from heaven.  Open our eyes to see today's manna fall like rain.  

1 comment:

  1. Jehovah-Nissi: The LORD is My Banner

    God gives us the victory! Our battles are His battles. Isaiah prophesies that the "Root of Jessie" (Jesus) will stand as a banner for the peoples (Isaiah 11:10).

    My prayer today:
    Thank you LORD for being in the midst of my personal battles and struggles. Thank you LORD for providing victory in these even in my discouragement. LORD, I lift my hands to heaven calling on your help and provision.

    ReplyDelete