Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 29 "What Am I Clinging To?" Joshua 22-24

Joshua is about to go the way of all flesh. It's his last words that make my heart stand up and scream stop to my world---and listen long. What will this servant leader say that could make a difference in our lives? "Love the Lord your God, and walk in all his ways and keep his commandments and cling to him and serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.” And Joshua blesses them and sends them home. Joshua 22:5-6.

You have seen what the LORD your God has done for you. I sit tonight in the exact same seat I was in 8 years ago when my world crashed in on me. Never in my wildest hopes did I think I could walk out of the depression that immobilized my heart and soul. Not only did I walk out, I have flourished and flown in freedom more than I could have ever thought. If you knew my circumstances right now, that's not what identifies me and makes me stable and successful. It is the LORD, our God Who has been fighting for me. And as I sit in this memorable moment, Joshua 23:10 takes hold of a deep place in me: "One of your men puts to flight a thousand, for the LORD your God is He Who fights for you, just as he promised you. He did! He has! He is! He will!

COME BOLDLY: Timeless Prayers
Dear Father, As I sit in the spot where I spiraled eight years ago to depths of despair that were never meant to be, I find You, a Good God turning the watercourse whatever ways You will---Proverbs 21:1. With blind trust, I surrender this present moment. Help us all find a little bit more rest than we had yesterday.

PHOTO: A little bird landed on the cross just as I clicked the camera of this little country church that I passed a thousand times in my life in Fort Worth. Used to live smack dab across the street from this little country church. It's a Beautiful God Who has done an incredible work in my heart as I remember the thoughts I had when I would pass this little country church. And those thoughts are no more.

2 comments:

  1. I can truly say that I have "seen" you grow the past eight years...have not "known" you the entire time, but I think I can say I have watched you not waste your sorrows....I truly believe that you have grown so very much from all that has been going on in your life and what is currently happening. Please text me what you found out this week. Sent you a text the other day. Know you are very busy but still would like to know the latest. Praying for you to feel His presence so strongly today and to rest in His provision for you. Love your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mary Lou. Psalm 3:3.
    And He has lifted my head through you!

    ReplyDelete