Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

Psalm 31:22/ Psalm 35:22/ John 11:41 "Unanswered Prayer" (May 29)

Is there ever a prayer that is unanswered.  Not really.  God answers all of them---it's just that maybe the answer we hoped for is not the one we receive, the timing we require is revealed to be our will not His. 

In John 11:41 ~ Jesus lifts up his eyes and says, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me.  I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.  Lazarus had been dead for 4 days.  Did anyone really believe that God would bring him back to life? 

If we ask, He will answer. 

Don't be silent.  Please be near to me.  Psalm 35:22
Please hear my voice as I cry for mercy.  Psalm 31:22

Just like Lazarus, awaken my soul to see life again. 
Just like Lazarus, send people my way to unbind what I cannot.

Thank you, God, for the invitation to pray without ceasing. 




3 comments:

  1. Jesus' appointed Hour draws near. The Pharisees and priests are ready to silence the Savior. Yet Jesus has another plan. His friend Lazarus is already dead, and He sees Mary's grief and weeps. It's time. "Father thank you for hearing Me," for this miracle comes because You are about to glorify Me in the same way.

    "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?” -John 11:40

    Lazaras, come out! The dead awaken. The bound are free. He overcomes the last enemy, death itself.

    Now watch and know. My glory is about to be revealed again once and perfectly for all mankind.

    Believe and see My Glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard truth is there is no unanswered prayer, Bev. It is all to His glory that we may know Him. But we can know it is for our best eternal interest and for our greater good, even when it's hard. I'm so sorry you are hurting. I am so sorry you are feeling like John, left in the dank cell, like Lazarus, wrapped in burial cloths in a tomb, when the sick are being healed, the lame are walking. He has not forgotten you. And I can't help but think He is very pleased with your faithfulness, your testimony, your continued cry to Him alone in brokenness. He will come for you on a white horse.

    Let us watch together the next scene of our story. Behold, He comes, shining like the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am overwhelmed with gratitute that You, Lord, incline Your ear towards me. You hear me and are gracious to me. I rejoice that you see my affliction and distress. I am broken, but will trust in You. You are my strength when my strength fails. (Psalm 31)

    Father, I will continue in prayer as I wait in expectation and belief for Your glory.

    Annette, your words of encouragment to Bev touched my heart as well. Thanking the Lord for allowing us fellowship and unity even here.

    ReplyDelete