Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Psa 27:13 and John 11:6 "Take Courage" (May 28)

No one had seen people raised from the dead, restored to sight, water changed into wine, 20,000 people fed from 5 loaves & 2 fish, demons cast out---until now, the 33-year-old Jesus performed unprecedented miracles.  So, when Mary & Martha of Bethany send word to Jesus to "Come" for the one He loves is gravely ill, they surely didn't expect Him to tarry.  Did they?  Would you?  If I had two days to live, would you come quickly, dear Jesus?  John 11:6 says "he stayed two days longer in the place where He was," when he learned of Lazarus' condition.  Jesus knew Lazarus was going to be all right.  Jesus knows that you and I are going to be okay.  Death is His Domain not ours.  There is a Bigger Story going on here.  Is sickness the worse thing that can happen to us?

In all that God has allowed to come my way, there is a verse that I have meditated on for three decades.  Never a week goes by that I do not think of it.  Be strong, Bev.  Let your heart 'Take Courage.'  Wait for the LORD, Bev, not for your circumstances to change.  Psalm 27:13 - I would have despaired unless I had believed that I will see the Goodness of God, even in this.

O God, "Be our  Shepherd.  Carry us Forever."  Psalm 28:9
Bless your people with Peace.  Psalm 29:11


2 comments:

  1. That is a trap that I have fallen in time and time again....waiting, wanting my circumstances to change, fearing them. Clinging to Psalm 27 - In spite of (this)_____, I shall be confident. My heart will not fear. Sing praises to the Lord, Denise, no matter what! He hears when I cry out and answers with His grace. He teaches me and keeps me on level ground. Wait for the Lord, Be strong and let your heart take courage Denise. Yes, wait for the Lord.

    By walking in His light, I will not stumble.

    Give me an expectation of Your arrival in every circumstance of my life. Thanking You in advance for your faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Nise'....Today I want to ascribe glory to the Lord. I want to magnify Him, I want to lift Him up! His voice is loud enough and more than strong enough to break the cedars and soft enough to speak the word Be still......and calm my heart and my fears. When my fears for the future rise up, I too remember His faithfulness in the past and I cling to Him and say thank You and I do trust You.....just need to get my eyes of what I can see and on to the One who knows the end of the story. Sickness is NOT the worst thing that can happen to us and death is just the portal into all of eternity with Him! Win, win situation.

    ReplyDelete