Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

2Sam 13:1 and Luke 4:16 "Stand in God's Presence Today" (May 13)

Am I present in my conversations with my world?  Focusing on them not on what I will say next.  Focusing on them not how I feel.  Focusing on them not caring what the world thinks of me.  Focusing on them, realizing I will have to take a stand for what I say and do.  Focusing on them, drawing out from them the man or woman God intends for them to be, no matter what the cost to me.

2 Samuel 13:1 talks about how the time was right for what?  Sin. 

Luke 4:16 - Jesus asked the woman from Samaria, "Go and get your husband."  He knew she didn't have a husband.  He wanted her to deal with the untruth.  The womans response:  Which mountain should we worship on?  Do I do the same things?  Divert the attention away from myself cause it's too hard to deal with the fact that I have had 5 husbands. The woman wanted to talk about where to worship rather than dealing with worship from her heart.  Worship of the one whose in whose Presence she stood.  She wanted to converse from 20,000 feet in the air.

May we all stand today in the Presence of the God we adore, fully standing in the Truth of the moment. 

1 comment:

  1. He is seeking those who will worship Him in Spirit and Truth. Had not really seen this before. What a blessing....He is seeking those of us who will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. May each one of us today be one of those who worship Him in Spirit and in Truth, for He alone is worthy!

    ReplyDelete