Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

Psalm 51:6 Psalm 32:6 John 3:19 "The Rush of Waters" (May 12)

There are dark corners in all of us. 
Do I loathe them or peer into my innermost being.
Oh, to live this present hour in Truth, in Rest.

David connives, murders, denies, steals
Someone's husband.

David agrees, confesses, embraces, delights
Someone's servant.

In the rush of waters,
You are our forever Hiding Place.
In the depths of despair
You surround us with your Face.

Psalm 51:6 - one of my most favorite verses...
You delight in Truth in my innermost being.

Am I living in the present? 
Dealing with what is stirring inside?
We are all curved in, so bent.
Disturb & delight ~ may we never hide.

1 comment:

  1. Love that verse, too, Bev (Psalm 51:6)

    And two more this day turn my curved inward world right-side up!

    Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."
    I remember Beth one time teaching on that word "create" saying it's like the word for creation in Genesis, meaning "ex nilo" or out of nothing. Even when we have nothing to work with, God makes our heart pure for Him to renew us from within, and reside in our hearts. He gives us such -shake-your-head-in-amazement GRACE.


    He must increase, but I must decrease.” John3:30
    This is the definition of sanctification to me. Lord, increase within me and take away my selfish motives that from glory to glory, you transform Your child into Your servant.

    ReplyDelete