Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2012

Josh 7:5 and Luke 9:62 "Put Your Hands & Tears to the Plow" (April 7)

Oh, my fickle soul. I cannot talk myself out of this one. Holidays are family days but not yet for me. I try to make things work and what happens when they don't work out for me? Will I break faith? Everytime I live for this world, I do. God forgive me on this Easter Saturday as we move forward, O Dolorous Procession. Joshua 7:1, 5 - The Israelites broke faith...their hearts melted and became as water. I don't want a heart with little substance. Luke 9:58 - He knows. Just read that verse a few days ago and something moved in me. He knows. He had nowhere to lay His Head. Nowhere. No bosom buddies through thick and thin. His closest friends were both hot and cold. Betrayers and beloved. Yet, our Friend will alway treat us like beloved. Luke 9:62 - So, put your hand to the plow and don't look back. With tears streaming down my face, my hand is on this plow and I'm moving forward. Alone.

2 comments:

  1. 61 Yet another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home.” 62 Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”

    Following Him, alone, too.

    Father, provide a vehicle for Bev and Bob. In the Name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, How we found you can only be attributed to God. I heard your name mentioned on the LPM blog by Beth one day and the name stuck. How you showed up here, I don't know. But we have been truly blessed by God over and over and over again and again and again by the Beautiful God Who Alone pours out of you---for you will settle for nothing less than Him and His Glory. Such a privilege to know you and have your true friendship. Love you so. On this...Resurrection Sunday...may God stir a little more faith, a little more courage, a little more hope. You've got it! You're beautiful, friend!

    ReplyDelete