Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Deut 14:2 and Luke 5:9 "Beyond Human Comprehension" March 28

It is beyond my human comprehension that we are chosen to be treasured possessions out of everyone in the world. There is no language to describe the Matchless Beauty and Unparalleled Love that God has for each of us, no matter what we have done. He says: Deut 14:2 For you are a people holy to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. There. That's simply amazing. So where do I go with that? Luke 5:9 came to my mind this morning as I had such an evil thought toward a friend pop into my mind. "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man." I'm awestruck that Peter would say that about his story. I mean, he had been fishing all night long and had caught nothing. Peter was the pro at fishing, right? Yet, he offered his poverty to his LORD who made something big out of it. May we give to God out of what we have with full hearts.

3 comments:

  1. I missed your comment yesterday, and will pray for you, Bev.
    I like what Annette said about being in the middle ground between mother and grandmother, fat and skinny.
    Being comfortable in our own skin is where we need to be as women of faith. God made us exactly as we are at this time and place for a purpose. We can't understand it, it is beyond human comprehension.
    Through faith, by grace, I am starting to accept it and try to live each day, accepting this time as a gift. Sometimes it is a pleasant gift and sometimes it isn't. Still in all, it is a gift.
    So many of my friends and family have passed on to eternity. We are still here, to me that means we have works to do, lessons to learn and life gifts to unwrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy, treasured possessions with life gifts to unwrap! Love those painted words, Bev and Jan. What gifts He gives us.

    “Peter fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord.”

    Do we fall at His feet and say “Depart, Jesus” in light of our sinfulness or do we say, “Come closer, Lord Jesus. I’m desperate for Your cleansing Blood”?

    No more shame.
    Deliverance!
    Because of What He did for us... Because of His Love for us…

    Grateful this day for so, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Annette. I loved your analogy! It will stick with me.

    ReplyDelete