Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Exo 36:3 and Mark 4:20 "No Small Work Here" (February 22)

Do you ever feel that your contribution
is small in the scheme of things. 
No one knows my name. 
No one plays my game.
No small work here.



It's the LORD
who puts skill and intelligence in minds ~ Exo 36:3
It's the LORD
who stirs up our hearts to come
To show up
To be present.

No small work here.
Hear the Word,
accept it,
bear fruit ~ Mark 4:20

I evaluate how well I am doing
based on what?
How big, how wide, how deep
the plans, the project, the pockets ... or
the Love of God?

2 comments:

  1. When the Lord calls me to a specific work/circumstance, He will provide all that is needed. He asks that I follow His directive/instruction instead of going or doing it my own way.

    I am firmly rooted in Him alone. I am in Christ and He is in me. Open my ears that I may hear Lord. I want to bear fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, He hasn't given up on me in the area of service to Him. I've come to realize that there is no such thing as volunteering in the church-we are servants unto the Lord.

    As they built the tabernacle, could it have been any more beautiful! God put His vision into the hearts of the builders, equipped them with every fine skill needed, and provided the materials and desire to create a full-scale replica heaven on earth. (Heb. 8:5)

    Imagine what we can do (and the eternal significance!) when we are serving, hearing from Him, and moving in the direction He calls. Where would He have us this day?

    "Hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.”

    ReplyDelete