Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

March 6 ... Deuteronomy 21 - 23 "Bring Me out of the Bad into Something Good"

Deuteronomy 20 - Purge the evil among you.  The rules and regulations have become insurmountable, impenetrable, un-doable.  These people have walked through 40 years and do they get what this is all about?  So what's life?  Four years ago this January, we received some news that floored and flattened me in a not-so-good way.  I lost hope.  I didn't know which way to go.  Didn't know what to do.  Didn't know who was right.  But I know that He "brought me out of something bad (my own fault, my own sin) to bring me into something good before I experienced that something good." (66 Love Letters)   It took almost one year before I experienced anything good.  He is "faithful to the faithless."  And so I sit four years down the road...a lot of my circumstances haven't really changed but oh how I praise Him that my heart is new and alive.  More in love with Him than ever---even more than last month.  It's not about the better life anymore, but it is about how we can love God in the places we sit this day.   I'm probably more of a mess as I deal with my depravity. But, I am a glorious mess that is more in love with my beautiful God and that's it!

3 comments:

  1. "If you say you're going to do something, do it. Keep the vow you willingly vowed to God, your God. You promised it, so do it."

    Amen.
    Have a really good weekend, girls!
    Love you all,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don't leave his dead body hanging overnight from the tree...a hanged man is an insult to God." Deut. 21

    As I was wading through all of these specific rules in these chapters, my mind kept going back to Christ, the God-man who willingly hung from a tree for me. All of our sin that He took upon Himself - wow. I'll never fully understand it, but oh how grateful I am. Praise God.

    Off to the kite festival with the family! Enjoy your weekend.

    Love,
    Cici

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Finally, all the leaders of that town that is nearest the body will wash their hands over the heifer that had its neck broken at the stream and say, "We didn't kill this man and we didn't see who did it." Deut 21.

    Wonder how many times this action solved the crime?

    Lie to the Levite?

    I wonder...

    I believe there was a lot of confessing when this happened.

    These chapters were sad from a woman's point of view. I'm not going to spend much time lamenting the way women were/are treated by men...but it's a heifer that gets her neck broken for the murder. And the women either taken captive or falsely accused, or abandoned...well, I just feel so devalued.

    Being a woman is a tough calling. Better now than in the past. Still, in some cultures, women are considered property.

    Bev, I remember your testimony and I just wish it had never happened to you. A mom shared with me this week about finding out her daughter had been raped. By someone they considered a friend...a good guy. I wanted to throw-up.

    Would y'all please say a prayer for "Amanda." She's the one who was raped. She's experiencing horrible panic attacks and she's losing weight from not being able to eat. And this crime didn't just happen...it's been a while back. She was to talk with a counselor Thursday and my heart has been so tender towards her, even though I don't know her.

    I remember one date I had where the guy got a little too rough, but stopped when I went to getting him away from me. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be raped, or held captive, or falsely accused by a man. I know what it's feels like to be abandoned. It feels like your world has fallen apart.

    Sometimes I wonder if all men are narcissistic. I know they're not, but too many of them are.

    Please forgive me for stepping up on MY soapbox tonight. Evil is evil no matter who does the deed...man or woman. But sex crimes...I just can't stomach them tonight and here it is all over these chapters.

    So very thankful that Jesus Christ saw women as valuable and worth dying for. He went out of His way to save us and to forgive us...and to include us.

    He's the only one who can bring us out of the Bad and into Something Good. Thank You, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete