Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 27 ... Deuteronomy 1 - 2 "Carried by our Father"

Deut 1:29-32  – Do not be terrified.  The Lord your God is going before you and will fight for you as He did for you in Egypt before your very eyes and in the desert.  There you saw how the Lord your God carried you as a father carries his son all the way you went until you reached this place.  In spite of this, you did not trust…."  Oh God!  Open our eyes to remember how YOU carried to the place where we are, just like we see our dads carrying our children.  And 2:7 - we have not lacked anything.  I didn't get to this place alone.  It's You!  And You are still going before us!  Simply amazing.  So comforting to be carried. 

3 comments:

  1. Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 NLT

    Praying for you and your family and your loved ones, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize...I went out-of-town on Friday and forgot that I would be without internet access until Sunday night. So sorry I left you hanging. My short-term memory is like short! Thanks for understanding. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, what you wrote spoke to my heart so much...thanks for the reminder about Him carrying us and that is how we have gotten to the point we have and that He will NOT leave us here.Sometimes,even though I know He has brought me thus far and has a plan, I get fearful and wander. This post of yours helped me to refocus.

    ReplyDelete