Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2024

276 - "The Morning Stars Still Sing" Matthew 2; Luke 2:39-52

                                                         

Matthew 2:16  "Then Herod, when he saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, became furious, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem."  But! Herod wanted to worship the baby.  How quickly his resolve to worship evolved to evil.  Real Evil.  How way-too-quickly in my own life does my good intentions melt into dark actions?  Solzhenitsyn said that it's not just the communists that are evil, it runs right through all of us. Lord, have mercy on us.

I need to look at my own heart, deal with my own stuff. And as I do ...  Things aren't as they appear.  And a tear falls.  I'm just not where I thought I would be in life or in soul or story or in friends.  So, I'll keep walking in that darkness, trusting, no light.  And I'll keep asking the same question the 3 Wise Men asked in Matthew 2---where is He? The North Star brought them to the Savior in a Manger.  The North Star sang. The Morning Stars still sing. Job 38:7---from that First Day of Creation to this very day.      

As Jesus grew, he found favor with man, until  . . .  He questioned, probed, moved into hearts.  We may not always find favor with man but may we give our lives to finding favor with God.  Luke 2:52.  The Eternal Word.  Whatever it is that I do not understand, whatever darkness I walk in, may I trust in the dark with no light.  And may I spend my life relentlessly never giving up to find The Way, The Truth, The Life.  Jesus grew to his full stature in each stage

PHOTO: Shurterstock. Free stock photo. The North Star over the Northern Gate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment