Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2024

109 - “How To Win the War on our Souls” I Chron 3-5

                                                                 

Warriors.  The Famous.  The Heads.  They all look good on paper.  But God looks at their hearts.  And He is looking at my heart and yours.  This very day.  

I may not know all the rights things to win the battle but I know how to win the war on my soul.  Satan has no hand, no snatch, no grip, no clutch.  Nada.  May that Warrior Spirit from within rise up to fight our battles this day, forward!


God put these chronicles of men in the Bible for a good reason.  Profitable to us.  That's what the Bible calls every single word. 

So, we should read and not skip.  Therefore, don't leave it out.  This pedigree is attached to places; these people are attached to God. The Providence of God.   

Keeping up generations of men.  Preserving degenerate scores of men.  God could "ease the burden under which it groans, but the divine patience lets the trees that cumber the ground not only grow, but propagate."  

Matthew Henry

I think it so "off" that holy people have unholy children.  But here it is.  Josiah and Jehoakah.  One generation of holiness passes ... and another generation of despicable horror ensues.  There are times, I've felt so responsible.  But, here it is.  Holiness isn't passed down like jewels.  Holiness is bought with a pearl of great price. 

PHOTO: Outside my classroom window of 14 years where I stopped to pray each day. I walked away from it last May 2022 because of the stress of it all in a 10-hour per day job with no breaks. I have missed it this year way more than I dreamed but not for the reasons I left.  This year has been one of the hardest years of my life. May I not ask for a thing before I utter the awe in prayer.  They were brave warriors, famous men, and heads of their families. All the measures of success in the eyes of this world.  But what did they do with their souls? 1 Chronicles 5:24-25. "But they were unfaithful to the God of their ancestors and prostituted themselves to the gods of the peoples of the land."

No comments:

Post a Comment