Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2019

"God Rising on Swollen Souls" Genesis 19-21

God visited Sarah in mercy.  Here it is.  His Word.  Not one word falls to the ground. 
Never was I as sure God had visited me than my 3rd and 4th children, Blair and Britt.
I could have died in childbirth with Blair and never wanted another baby again.
Took me one month to even get my strength back after Blair.  But God.
I never imagined that Britt would make it through the turbulent pregnancy.
Yet, He put in my heart a desire for another child after the most difficult 3rd delivery. 
We just didn't know that His time would be 7 years later.  He sets the time not parents. 
God is faithful
to what He has promised and gave me strength to conceive and
to deliver both of my babies. 
Abraham and Sarah both stand up in their old age to listen and honor and obey
the God they had laughed at.  The God they had lied to. 
These are imperfect people whom God loves immensely. 
When God rises on our souls and we embrace Him, the dawning is inconceivable. 
And it just may be in a wilderness, again, like Hagaar.  Sent there by Abraham.
God opens her swollen screaming eyes.  There is a well of water in grace. 
I need comfort this very day from what is being said of me. 
That Same God that opened Hagaar's blinded eyes will open mine to see God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment