Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2024

14 - "Longing To Be Loved" Genesis 29


Leah had tender eyes---weary from wanting to be loved. What a way to spend your life. Not really knowing your worth, your love.  Jacob wanted to marry her sister, Rachel.  He was willing to serve Laban every single day---no malice there---for he could wait, his happiness in heaven. It ended up being 21 years and he then stealthily left. And Leah, never to be forgotten, would become the mother of the progenitor of Christ Himself.  

I've spent way too much of my life wanting to be loved, but on this monumental day in my history, I must say I am loved beyond all I dared believe. 

We just read that God was in the place and Jacob knew it not. 
God was in a DM and we knew it not. 
I volunteered to help my pastor husband, Bob, look at his birthday messages---he doesn't know how to maneuver through FB.
There in the DM was 42 messages. One read: "Call me. I have nothing negative to say." It was from the pastor that terminated Bob as executive pastor of 27 years at the same church. We left in bewilderment. Lost all the friends we had babies with---the ones our kids grew up with. It has been 17 years since we left. And here today is a DM to reach out and he did. The request had been sitting in Bob's DM for 4 months. God was in this place. I am beyond words to say Bob did reach out. This is the first time in 17 years I have responded on social media to the incident---out of respect for the decisions made and the people who carried them. 

There is one blaring word God said to me through this journey:

Genesis 29:34. Leah has a 3rd son and says: At last, my husband will now become attached to me.
God never intended for me to be attached to any strong person. Any strong pastor.
I was a mess. I still am a mess. But, I am a beautiful mess. 
God stood me on my feet again and it has been one of the best things that has happened to me.

PHOTO:  Bob and Bev a few months after being "let go for not being a good fit" after 27 years. 
The #1 pastor said he was just trying to grow his church. God was in this move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment