Search This Blog

Monday, January 15, 2024

15 - "Give Me Sons or I Will Die" Genesis 30-32

Sisters.  Jealousy.  Seems as though God has forgotten Rachel.  She goes 27 years barren. Genesis 30:1---the book opens with: "Give me sons or I will die." Who waits almost 3 decades for a child? Unheard of.  
A broken, beautiful Rachel. "Then God remembered Rachel; he listened to her and enabled her to conceive. She became pregnant and gave birth to a son and she said, 'God has taken away my disgrace.' She named him Joseph, and said, 'May the Lord add to me another son.' " Genesis 30:22. And it's a Rachel who holds no malice toward her sister any longer.  God added so much to Rachel's life.  God acts in behalf of those who wait for Him.  We wait for God, not man. Isa 64:4.

We all say it to varying degrees.
Give me this _______________
or I will die.
I have to have this______________
to truly live.
Genesis 30.

All we need is what God has provided.

Great is Thy Faithfulness.  Lord, unto me.  Live with hope, dear friends.  Unfulfilled desires.  You can still find the joy.  There are no quick fixes in life.  Live in hope on the narrow road, uphill and bumpy all the way.  The Spirit of God is moving in you quietly, nudging you toward God.  You don't have to have what you think.

Photo:  For 27 years, I've walked this shore.  Long time.  Hold fast to those dreams God gives. The Gulf of Mexico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment