Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

June 21"My Soul Pants for God" Psalm 40-45

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, my God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
3 My tears have been my food
day and night,
while people say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”   Psalm 42:1-2

Here is a looking glass into faith and sense.
Faith begins with holy desires toward God.
Holy love for God is our chief good.
Sense complains of the darkness of the present afflictions
aggravated by the good former times memories.
David's soul pants for God, not for the ordinances of God.
He wants more and more because he has stated and is now wanton.
David knows he can never rest, short of the living God.
Where is my God?

No comments:

Post a Comment