Search This Blog

Sunday, April 9, 2017

April 9 "May God look on this Misery and Restore Goodness" 2 Samuel 16-18

Leave him alone; let him curse, for the Lord has told him to. It may be that the Lord will look upon my misery and restore to me his covenant blessing instead of his curse today.” 2 Samuel 16:12.  I cannot fathom the dephs of betrayal that David passed through.  O Absalom, my son, my son! Would I have died instead of you---even with how vicious his son treated him.  Did David spend too much time grieving for the one who hated him>  Someone once said, David loved those who hated him and hated those who loved him.  May we evaluate our own days.  Whatever happens to us---God knows, God cares, God ordains, God allows, God rules.  It just may be today that this misery is being used by God for my good.  His Goodness.  Can we join this saint of old when we ourselves are conjured up.  Maybe "this thing" is the Hand of God for my good.  I will trust in the mess where I stand that God is being good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment