Search This Blog

Friday, March 24, 2017

March 25 "They Did What's Right in their Own Eyes" Judges 19-21

What if we didn't follow the law? The last 3 chapters are the saddest narrative of the story since Caleb died. Judges 21:25 "In those days, there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes." Joshua was dead.  No judge in Israel.  No restraints.  No punishment.  Idolatry. Concubines.  Killings.  Rape.  Lawlessness.  No king.

The individual became king and culture re-oriented around individuals.  No faith community.  No ultimate holy Authority over their lives.  Goodness and evil both are dictated by what is pleasing and useful to the individual.  Either Jesus is our King or we hold the crown.  Will I live today in awe and repentance before my King?

PHOTO:  33,000 feet in the air.  What do we do with all this majesty?  What is actually going on in the unseen world?  How can I justify living by doing what I think is right in my own eyes.  How do I know I am walking in truth?


No comments:

Post a Comment