Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 25 "Listen. Little by Little" Exodus 22-24

Are we listening to the Word of God?  So many admonitions to pay attention.  God sent an angel in Exodus 23:20:  "See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.  Pay attention to Him and listen to what he says.

  Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land." Exodus 23:30. And this is for us. Listen. Little by little God is working. 

PHOTO. Little by little in the place where you live. 

2 comments:

  1. We see 3 festivals in this passage:

    The Festival of Unleavened Bread - release from bondage :: belief in Jesus Christ and the forgiveness of sins
    The Festival of Harvest - at the time we sow :: those good works that we do glorify and honor what the LORD has done for us
    The Festival of Ingathering - at the time we harvest :: the bema seat of Jesus Christ where we receive our rewards

    The people of Israel were to repeat this over and over again each year. And although these are the festivals of an agricultural society, it still is a rejoicing of what God has done for them.

    My prayer today:
    LORD, make me ever mindful this year of your goodness toward me. Help me to celebrate outwardly how you have blessed my life. REJOICE and be glad in the LORD.

    ReplyDelete