Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2017

January 10 "Jealousy" Genesis 30-31

Sisters.  Jealousy.  Seems as though God has forgotten Rachel.  She goes 27 years barren. Unheard of.  Who waits almost 3 decades for a child? A broken, beautiful Rachel. "Then God remembered Rachel; he listened to her and enabled her to conceive. She became pregnant and gave birth to a son and she said, 'God has taken away my disgrace.' She named him Joseph, and said, 'May the Lord add to me another son.' " Genesis 30:22. And it's a Rachel who holds no malice toward her sister any longer.  God added so much to Rachel's life.  God acts in behalf of those who wait for Him.  We wait for God, not man.

Photo:  For 27 years, I've walked this shore.  Long time.  Hold fast to those dreams God gives. The Gulf of Mexico. 

1 comment:

  1. How we need to accept ourselves and our limitations. How we need to rejoice in what we have, rather than make ourselves and others miserable in pursuit of what we do not have.

    My prayer today:
    LORD, may I be grateful for everything you have provided for me. Keep my eyes from wandering away from You, that dissatisfaction not take hold of my heart.

    ReplyDelete