Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2016

September 26 "Yet! I Will Rejoice in God" Habakkuk 1-4

Dear Kids,

No better prayer for you today.

"Lord, I have heard of your fame;
    I stand in awe of your deeds, Lord.
Repeat them in our day,
    in our time make them known;
    in wrath remember mercy."
Remember mercy on each of these dear ones.
And,
I will wait patiently for the day of calamity ...
and though the fig tree does not bud;
and though the crops fail;
and though the fields produce no food;
and though no cattle in the stalls . . .
"yet I will rejoice in the Lord,

The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to tread on the heights."
Habukkuk 3:17-19

 The prophet looked back upon the experiences of the church in former ages and all the beautiful things that God had done for them. Matthew Henry says that recovered him. And he resolved to triumph in God. So when we are emptied of the "creature comforts," we will be supplied supernaturally by the graces and comforts of God. Faith prepares us for everything. When we are weak in this world, we are strong in another world. When are hopes are dashed in this world, the hope of a heavenly crown looms large. "Let us sit loose to earthly possessions and comforts, and bear up under the crosses." 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment