Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2016

April 18 "The Whispers of God" I Kings 18-20

Dear Kids, One person scared Elijah---the prophet who just called down fire from heaven and it happened.  And he ran and ran and ran.  And wanted to die.  Life is hard at times.  Meanwhile, an angel stops along his run to strengthen him.  "The journey is too much for you."  I Kings 19:7.  It's too much for all of us at times.  And he walks 40 more days.  And God speaks:  "What are you doing here, Elijah"?  God asks each of us the same.  E replies:  I've been zealous but now Ahab is trying to kill me.  And God speaks strong:  "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by."  I Kings 19:11.  A powerful wind tore up; a jarring earthquake erupted; a white-hot fire scorched; but still no God.  Until.  There came a Gentle Whisper.  I Kings 19:12.  "Go back the way you came."  Go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment