Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2016

January 2 "Limping Hearts" Genesis 4-6


My Dear Children, My prayer for you is found in words in Genesis 4:6.  "Why has your face fallen?" Moments ago, I just read a text and my face fell.  Why did my heart go limp?  This truth has meant more to me since the Great Divide in 2006:  What is really going on in my heart?  Deal with my own heart.  "The unexamined life is not worth living." Socrates. The Wise Men knew a King was born for their darkness, for my darkness, for yours.  Call upon the name of the Lord, Genesis 4:26, when your face falls today.  Sometimes, I wish I had better words for the most Beautiful Calling on our lives---deal with your own heart when your face falls, when you fall headlong.

PHOTO:  Here we are before the Great Divide.  Mom soon bottomed out.  Sometimes, God lets us hit rock bottom and we find that Anchor that is sure and secure and safe.  And He stood me back up again. So much more alive in Him.  Keep on asking---why did my heart just go limp?

1 comment:

  1. How easily I can fall into sin, if I do not rule over it: The Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted?[ And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.” I must resist the devil so he will flee. I can't let him lurk and wait for an opportunity.

    ReplyDelete