Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2016

January 10 "The Great Divide" Genesis 30-31

Dear Ones, “Am I in the place of God, who has kept you from having" this thing. Gen 30:2.

Even in the midst of Jacob's mess, it is Divine Providence that leads the empty-handed God-fearing Jacob to a field to meet his wife when he was 40-years-old.

For whom do I live and work and move and have my being?
For Whom?
For Whom did you carry the stone?
For Whom?

PHOTO:  A few months before this picture was taken, my world shattered.  Walked many miles on this sandy shore trying to find God in this. The Great Divide is what I like to call it.  Doesn't matter what happened.  It's how I responded that caused me to stumble.  Hurled me headlong. I didn't think I could ever stand up again much less go on.  But, Oh! God stood me up stronger than before.  Took a bit to work through.  Divine Providence led this empty-handed Jacob. That Same Divine Providence leads your decisions to wed, to work, to walk into every decision we face.  May we all taste and smell Divine Providence.                                                                                                                    


1 comment:

  1. Family Dynamics is no different today then in Jacob's day. Jacob had to deal with an overbearing father-in-law and at times unhappy women who were in an unhealthy competition. Laban knew (by divination) he was blessed due to Jacob. Jacob packed up his family and fled. Enough drama for a TV movie. But at the end of the passage, the men made a treaty before God: The God of Abraham and the God of Nahor, the God of their father, judge between us.” So Jacob swore by the Fear of his father Isaac, and Jacob offered a sacrifice in the hill country and called his kinsmen to eat bread. They ate bread and spent the night in the hill country.

    Early in the morning Laban arose and kissed his grandchildren and his daughters and blessed them. Then Laban departed and returned home.

    How different things would be for families today, if during a time of hurt feelings, anger, grief, or disappointment we sought God and His will immediately. I think many a feud and grudge would be shut down instantly.

    Sabbath blessings Pearls.

    ReplyDelete