Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2015

December 7 "Give Them The Word Early" 2 Timothy 3, 4

It is great comfort to know we have kept the faith.  I have not thrown it out in the midst of deep pain, deathly loss, even horrid sickness.  It has been several decades but I've not turned to look for satisfaction in any Other.  I think I forget that in this sin-sick soul.  On days when I can hardly muster to say the right thing cause it's not in my heart.  On days when I can hardly grapple with the story God directs for me.

But this.  This Word of God.  I gave this to my children.  Early.  Surrounded by the Sound of Thunder and Whispers and Oxygen and that Voice.  And I have to hold on to that.  And I have to let go ownership of anything but the Grace of God on our lives, our family, our ministry, our world.

"But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Word of God, which is able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." 2 Tim 3:15

Let us all grapple with this Word of God.  Bring it to their minds, O God!

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."  2 Tim 3:17

Fight the good fight.
Finish the race.
Keep the faith.
2 Tim 4:7

All I can deal with is my own life.
All I can give away is this Word of God to all I know.  Early.  Preach the Word.

DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE ME IN MY 10,000 MOMENTS of living in this world yet living for Another, Another World.  Where I am attached here, detach.  Where I am entagled here, untangle. Where I enmeshed here, unmesh.  May I grapple and grab and grasp deeply this Word of God speaking to me every single brand new day.  Unleash this Word of God in my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment