Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November 11 "Make Room" 2 Corinthians 6-8

Make room in your hearts for us.
We have to work out this salvation trembling
through opening our hearts.
How do we do just that?
2 Corinthians 7:2
Especially when we have been grieved by offenses.
The commentaries focus on obedience.

Ellicott writes:
"There is an almost infinite pathos in the entreaty
"make room in your hearts."
Uttered, we may well believe,
as from the very depths of the soul.
The undercurrent of thought flows on.
It's the second plea from Paul
to find a place of affection for idolators.

And this is where the doctrine hits rubber to the road.
I must find a better place, more room in the inn of my heart
for my family, my children, my students, my friends.

DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE ME IN 10,000 MOMENTS OF MAKING ROOM FOR OTHERS.  It does not matter what is happening to us.  What matters is how I'm living out this story of mine.  Obedience from the heart not from the mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment