Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2015

October 11 "Everything Done For People To See" Matthew 22-23

Here comes an entangling question from a Pharisee.
And it's all about judgment.

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ Matthew 22:37.  This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’  All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:  “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat.  So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.  They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. “Everything they do is done for people to see."  Matthew 23:2-5

Who do Pharisees prefer--- Jesus?  One would think Pharisees, the religious leaders of the day, would choose God over their own loves.  But the point of this passage is this---who do I prefer by the way that I live today?

There are some folks whose minds I cannot change, cannot even make a dent.  Do I prefer God more than success.

DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE ME IN MY 10,000 MOMENTS OF BEING OFFERED LIFE AND PREFERENCES.  What I choose today reveals more about my character.  May I love You with all my heart, soul, and mind more than my loves.

PHOTO: It's a place where I stood that I didn't know that what would happen to us would be reversed.  Doesn't matter what happens to us but "in" us.  And God has been so good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment