Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 27 "Sit A While With Me" 2 Kings 18-19


He was sitting at the edge of my bed this morning.
He is reading the note that someone just handed me.
He is watching over me as I lay me down to sleep.
He is listening to every off remark made by him or me.
He is superintending my world.

So spread out the sheets and invite Him to sit with you.
That's just what Hezekiah did:

"Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the Lord

and spread it out before the Lord.  2 Kings 19:14-16.

"And Hezekiah prayed to the Lord: “Lord, the God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth.  Give ear, Lord, and hear; open your eyes, Lord, and see; listen to the words Sennacherib has sent to ridicule the living God."

DEAR GOD, PLEASE PLEASE CHANGE ME IN ANY OF THESE 10,000 MOMENTS and memories I hold.  May be so aware of Your Presence sitting on the edge of my bed; listening in to every conversation I have with myself and others; waiting for a word from me to allow You to lead me by these still waters.  

PHOTO:  This is my smoothing out place.  It's a place where I stood and smoothed out the blanket and invited Him to sit a while with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment