Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 26 "Thinking Widdershins" 2 Kings 15-17

They bowed to starry hosts.
God never intended for us to worship nature more than Him.
They followed the practices of their peers.
God never intended for us to look sideways for direction.  Look up.
They even sacrificed their sons and daughters.
We may look very religious but are we doing it for ourselves?
In secret, they did things against their Lord, their God.
Things that were not right.
Do we?
Am I?

DEAR GOD, CHANGE ME IN ONE OF THESE 10,000 MOMENTS THIS DAY as I reflect on what I do in secret.  Thoughts that may turn wild in motion.  May I bring them captive to You.  May I look to You first, not my peers, never sideways.  Take these widdershin thoughts of mine and make them smooth as iron.  May I find You in this these 10,000 moments.  

PHOTO:  Standing on the tippity top of Pleasure Pier praying for God to move in my heart today.  Praying for a word of hope.  

1 comment:

  1. My apologies. Sometimes Blogger just doesn't want to publish the post. This was ready yesterday but didn't go through. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete