Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Aprifl 2 "Emptying Myself" I Samuel 21-24

Conscience-stricken! 
And Saul thought that David was bent on harming him.
David lives by the book.  The Gospel lives in him.

“The Lord forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the Lord’s anointed, or lay my hand on him; for he is the anointed of the Lord.”

May God consider my cause!
May God uphold my life!
May God be the judge between you and me!
I Samuel 24:15

DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE ME LIKE THIS IN THESE 10,000 MOMENTS IN WHICH I LIVE AND BREATHE AND MOVE.  Consider this cause of mine.  Uphold my very life.  And judge between me and them.  And help me let it go.  And may I spend my 10,000 moments emptying myself into the lives of others.  And may the Holy Spirit not pass me by except You fill me full from being so empty.

PHOTO:  I sit at this Quarries Lake day in/ day out.  And guilty thoughts overwhelm me.  But in reading these words of I Samuel, I have come to see that guilt just means hope.  Because if I was not guilty of anything, well then, it would not be reality.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment