Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

April 1 "I Come With the God of the Armies" I Samuel 18-20

A growing fear.
So, I'll keep a "close eye" on this guy. I Sam 18:9
Do I do the same? 
Keep an "eye out" for what's best, who's best.
So much so.
And.
David becomes a "step from death."
And.
God arranges a beautiful friendship.
An estranged leader.
And a loyal friend.

“Saul has slain his thousands,
    and David his tens of thousands.”

I Samuel 18:7

Saul's "close eye" on David makes a lonely party.
Saul's son wants to be David's BFF.
Saul's daughter wants to be his wife.
So, once again.
Saul sets up David to be slain by the Philistines
because Saul forgot I Samuel 17:45 -
David's enemies come with spears & swords & javelins.
David comes with the God of the armies.

DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE US IN OUR 10,000 MOMENTS that we move and live and have our being knowing that You are with us, the God of the armies.

PHOTO:  Even in the desert, God hears our cries.  And He longs to reach down and change us.  We need not live with "close eyes" on our friends and families.  Embrace your own life.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment