Search This Blog

Friday, December 19, 2014

December 19 "Be Strengthened in Grace" 2 Timothy 1, 2

These words are written by a man who knew he was about to die at the hands of vicious men. No mercy for Paul. You know, when you know it is dying words, your heart pauses to linger long.

And these words still speak...thousands of years later. It is for you.
"You, my child, be strengthened in the grace that is in Christ."  You! 2 Tim 2:1
And if I keep trying to ask "how" to do just that, I may just package it. And.
You cannot package Christianity.  No 10 steps here.
Just pure pristine perfect purifying pouring Grace.
Be strengthened.  "Be."

Commit what you have learned. 2 Tim 2:2
Endure hardship. 2 Tim 2:3
Consider these words.  2 Tim 2:7

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
"May the Lord give you understanding in all things."  2 Tim 1:7.  Father, there are things in all of our lives that we understand not.  Give us this day, understanding in the way we walk.

PHOTO:  I stood here one time.  Ancient.  Holy Land.  Where King Saul and his three sons lost life.  Mount Gilboa.  They hung Saul on the fence here, so the story goes.  Saul sought witches instead of the words of his God.  Consider these words spoken today.

6 comments:

  1. Fell asleep reading my Bible---with my glasses and computer next to me. Slept 11 hours without a stir. It's first day of Christmas break for us. School's out and I am done with this semester. Sorry I missed the post last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - they hung Saul on the fence on the top of the mountain so the neighboring towns could all see the king in his kingly robes defeated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Jan. We all need prayers! Praying that 2 Tim 1:7 be so very true for you. May the Lord give you understanding in all things. This day. Always. Sending love from Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bev, I was just lying here and decided to check Pearls. I can't sleep, can hardly eat. Life is so hard. But, as tears fall, I keep thanking God for everything. And I am determined to stay faithful to Him. When I think about all you have gone through, I'm encouraged. God is good; all the time.

      Delete
  4. Oh Annette, praying for you. It will be another pause until we hear a good report on Monday. Let us know. And as we pause we will pray those Words for you---you will consider those Words written years ago for you. For you live them out so well. So well. You are a gem. We carry you in our hearts and prayers. Til Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying Jan. I've been there far too recently. Sleepless nights. Endless tears. Boundless Love.

    ReplyDelete