Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

November 6 "Mock Love v. True Love" Romans 12


"Take heed of forming plans for happiness, as though it lay in the things of this world, which soon pass away. Do not fall in with the customs of those who walk in the lusts of the flesh, and mind earthly things. The work of the Holy Ghost first begins in the understanding, and is carried on to the will, affections, and conversation, till there is a change of the whole man into the likeness of God, in knowledge, righteousness, and true holiness." Matthew Henry. 
  
What I learned from this reading:  Be not overcome of evil. "Learn to defeat ill designs against you, either to change them, or to preserve your own peace."  M. Henry. Like a city without walls is the man who doesn't let the Spirit of God rule his life.  He that has this rule over his spirit, is better than the mighty. Sweeter than any earthly gain. 

COME BOLDLY: Timeless Prayers 
We call Your Name to rule out sinful lives. Change us to mind things above not down here. 

PHOTO:  Sitting by a tiny sea thinking about the oceanic help available this moment. Come!

1 comment:

  1. Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

    I cannot say it any better than Paul. He exhorts us on Christian life. Is this how I live my life? Am I in constant prayer, do I love, do I hold fast to what is good, or do I let the worldly views affect my walk and take evil's hand as I walk?

    ReplyDelete