Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2014

November 1 "No Good Thing" Romans 7

Fresh from God.

Not a set of propositions.

A history of deeds done on earth.

Therefore, it is fitted to be the food of all.

Yes, Every soul and the mould of every character.

                                                  M. Henry

Romans 6:18-19 "For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwells no good thing. For desire is present with me, but I don’t find it doing that which is good. For the good which I desire, I don’t do; but the evil which I don’t desire, that I practice."

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Father, we pray for the day when we see You in all Your Splendid Glory Face-to-Face.  And we will humbly naked penitent bow at Your Feet.  Because of all these deeds done on earth.  For us.  The ones whose flesh dwells no good thing.  Thank you for good desires and great power to live this life before us.  For the practice of what we do not desire looms large and grotesque.  Thank you this day for clean slates.

PHOTO:  Photo Credit:  The Smithsonian Institute.  From the Beginning.  Loved.  In all my mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment