Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 28 "No Pity on these Provoking People" Ezekiel 5, 6, 7, 8

Is it too light a thing to commit evil?  Ezekiel 7:17
God says, I'll have no pity.
And the words of C.S. Lewis come to mind:
"We are far too easily pleased."
We think all is well with our hands and voices where they should not be.
All is well if we repent and amend our ways.

Disaster after Disaster.
God shows Ezekiel that he means what does to these people for their ultimate good---that they change. They have ventured far from God.  And look at Ezekiel's calling.  It sticks with me that they wouldn't change for God---why do I think they will change for Ezekiel, for me?  They may become compliant.  But is that real change?

God asks Ezekiel:  Should I have pity on provoking people?
All I can deal with is myself.  Lord have mercy!

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Dear God, You have never given up on us or left us to ourselves, unless we want to be.  Move in our lives this day to make us like You, to deliver us from ourselves.

PHOTO:
Looking at the sky---is it too small a thing to have my way?


No comments:

Post a Comment