Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 27 "Stand On Your Feet" Ezekiel 1, 2, 3

And he said to me, “Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak with you.” Ezekiel 2:1.
This verse God spoke to me when I was at the absolute lowest point of my life.  Not exactly the spot I would go to.  Precisely what God did.  I stood and His Power entered into me and set me on my feet.  Ezek 2:2.  I stood cause I purposed in my heart to go with God in the midst of harrowing circumstances.  It is never about how strong we are.  It is always about how strong HE IS in each of us.  

So, don't be afraid.  Tell that to yourself.  Mean it.  "Be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, for they are rebellious..."  Ezek 2:7.  Speak my words to them anyway.  They will not be willing to listen to you because they are not willing to listen to God.  Ezek 2:7.

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Oh Father, may Your Hand be strong upon each of us.  Ezekiel 2:14. 
Make us watchman for our family and our ministry and our community.  Ezek 2:17.
When we hear a Word from You, may we give it to our spouse, our children, our families, our world.

PHOTO:  I stood here.  Rocksprings.  Asked God to stand me back up again in my current crisis.  He will.  

3 comments:

  1. The first person I am coming to tell is you! I went to the oncologist for the last time today. She said: No More! You're done with me. Research now shows that 5 years of cancer meds is all that is needed. And I thought I was headed down the road for 5 more. God has stood me on my feet for the past 5 years. He has set me right. Set me in a good place. Five birthdays when I thought I would not make it to see my son graduate, my daughter marry, my first grandbaby. But more than all that. I've been drawn by a very Good God. And I say all praise to His Glory on my days to this day and forever more. I am off the cancer meds as of tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praising the Lord with you for you. Doing the happy dance of joy. What a blessing. You had surrendered your rights to having to take cancer meds for the rest of your life or even a long period of time and He blessed you with a surprise and said "No more". I now take far more medicine that I ever dreamed I would take, but they help me and have enabled me to be here a little longer and for that I am grateful. God is good and all the time God is good. He is good during the sunshine and He is also good in the rain and thunder.

      Delete
  2. God is so good to us. He saw you through five very difficult years, and five years is that big marker for breast cancer. Celebrate today. It is a lesson for all of us. Praising Him for many answered prayers on your behalf.

    Today I spoke with my friend Connie and she got some good news this week. Her original tumor (pancreatic cancer) is gone but there are new ones. She is changing her chemo to an oral med so she won't have the infusions every three weeks now. I believe this is all good news. The other prayer for her now is to make it to her son's wedding March 14, 2015. He just announced their engagement, and they will be getting married at our ranch. I have so much hope for her in this good thing to look forward to. May God cover her with much joy and continued healing.

    In other news, the lady that works for us whose husband died last year is struggling in a bad way with bipolar to the point that she is dangerous. We all need prayers for wisdom, protection and for her healing.

    Sure love this sweet place of refuge. We are sisters who share our hearts here, and it is a beautiful place. Thanks to all of you who come here. Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete