Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August 19 "Divine Providence Prevails" 2 Kings 24, 25

Embroiled in a midnight mess, I came to these Scriptures today. There is no excuse for my sins even though prompted by another's sin. We bump up against other's sins every day of our lives and it gives us no peace if we give in to wrongdoings. The evil continued in this story today is frightening. May we never be complacent about our sin.

"It is for the sins of a people that God hides from them the things that belong to the public peace. And in fulfilling the secret purposes of his justice, the Lord needs only leave men to the blindness of their own minds, or to the lusts of their own hearts. The gradual approach of Divine judgments affords sinners space for repentance, and believers leisure to prepare for meeting the calamity, while it shows the obstinacy of those who will not forsake their sins." Matthew Henry

And the side story that grips me is found in 2 Kings 25:27 - Divine Providence is always moving. Can we find the Good in the midst of the evil?

COME BOLDLY: Timeless Prayers

Oh Father, You silenced me through this story of evil kings following each other's footsteps. No longer self aware of their own departure from grace, decision to grovel, dilemma of magnitude. Oh! Deal with my own heart. I lay these things before you that I am wrestling with. Thank you for stirring me to righteousness.

PHOTO: It's midnight here. Madness. Mystery. Silence. Surrender.

1 comment:

  1. “Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, ‘The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth, and he has charged me to build him a house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Whoever is among you of all his people, may the Lord his God be with him. Let him go up.’” - God can use anyone to accomplish His purposes. Lord, I ask You to stir up my heart for Kingdom business!

    ReplyDelete