Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Psalm 71:9 and Phil 12:12b "My Strength Is Spent" (July 22)

What do I really think way down deep inside when my strength is spent?
Physical strength shot.
Emotional strength waning.
Do I worship? 
Actually, days like today, I'm just trying to hold on
and ask a Very Gracious God
to help me see what surrounds me
on days like today when my strength is spent.
It's actually a very good position to be in---dependent!

Phil 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Phil 12:12b Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure

Psalm 71:9 Forsake me not when my strength is spent

Psalm 71:20 God has made me see many troubles and calamities.
He will bring me up again!

REVIVE ME AGAIN
The word in the Greek means to breathe life into me.

3 comments:

  1. Psalm 71:19 "Your righteousness, O God,
    reaches the high heavens.
    You who have done great things,
    O God, who is like you?
    You who have made me see many troubles and calamities
    will revive me again;
    from the depths of the earth
    you will bring me up again.
    You will increase my greatness
    and comfort me again."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lights in the World

    Phillipians 2:12 "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

    Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me."

    Key phrases jump out to me this Sunday morning:

    "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."

    "For it is God who works in you."

    "Do all things without grumbling."

    "Holding fast to the word of life."

    "Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all."

    Bev, you have poured out your heart, blessing, giving, sharing. Rest today. Know your work is not in vain. You are greatly loved. I rejoice for you for the work being done in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many treasures today in the Readings...
    "Working out our salvation with fear and trembling..."

    What is the work of salvation? Jesus died. I believe and bank all of eternity on it. Picking up a cross daily, mustering up a mustard seed of faith, and letting go...there it is for me. Letting go. That is my work, my part. Throwing all of vain self preservation, prideful entitlement, fear of embarrassment, people pleasing needs, etc. to the Wind of the Spirit. And letting go of me by grabbing tightly Him.

    And He, Who is presently working within me is greater than he who is in the world. May we please Him alone today and for eternity.

    ReplyDelete