Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Psalm 6:6 and John 7:18 "Flooded with Tears" (May 20)

Sometimes, I think I'm reading the Bible for the first time.  How did I miss that before?  David had so many enemies---his own father-in-law and the whole household, his own son Absalom, and I don't have to list any beyond that uncontrollable grief.  Yet, in Psalm 6:3, David's very own soul was troubled.  I think there is validity to the Crabb quote that says our greatest enemy is within.

David flooded his bed with tears.  In the morning, David awoke to pour out his voice to his God, Psalm 5:3.  Oooh!  The cry of my soul.  It is not what is happening to me but what happens within me that makes me so needy. 

Whose glory do I seek?  John 7:18
The one who seeks the Glory of God is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment