Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Psalm 12:7 and John 8:28 "Lift Up the Son of Man" (May 23)

Our society is grasping for a word from a preacher, a word from a teacher, a word that will change their life.  Preachers feel the pull that they have to deliver something to help you live the Christian life and become a better person.  Christ says in John 8:28, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He," and that changes everything.  We cannot stay curved in on ourselves if we are flat before Him.  Radical repentance will change your life not a list of good things you should be doing.  "...Abide in My Word and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."  John 8:32
Save, O Lord, for the godly one is gone;


Psalm 12:7 - God will guard us from this generation that says you have to do it their way.  Be successful.  Make a name for yourself.  Guard us, God!  Light up our eyes, Psalm 13:2

Lift up the Son of Man.


3 comments:

  1. Ps. 12:5 PTL - He sets me in a place I long for. Trust in His lovingkindness Ps. 13:5. Abide in His Word, (John 8:31) rest and peace are found there and they abundantly overflow

    Bev, I thank you for your faithfulness every day to provide a place for us to gather together and share in His Word. I am blessed by everyone's thoughts. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that thought, Bev. "We cannot stay curved in on ourselves if we are flat before Him."

    When we exalt God, everything else falls into its rightful place. The other day, I heard an Oprah show guest say, "We're all in a prison of some sort." Not sure what it is for each of us, but I do know real freedom abides in Christ alone. Sin burdens, truth frees.

    "If the Son sets you free, you are free indeed!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two more days of school and we are finished. I will be out for the summer and can catch my breath and we have a wedding! This has been the hardest year of my life. But, I wouldn't trade any of it because of what God is doing in my heart. It is not what happens to you but what happens in you---what flows out. I am a little more at rest than I was at the beginning of this horrific year.

    ReplyDelete