Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

2 Sam 16:12 and Luke 5:5 "God Is Repaying Me With Good" (May 15)


I cannot fathom the depths of betrayal that David passed through.  O Absalom, my son, my son!  Would I have died instead of you---even with how vicious his son treated him.  Horrific.  Macabre.

Whether it's the fool, Shimei, throwing rocks at David or his father-in-law ravaging David's resources, strangling David's life, David takes a beautiful look at the Sovereignty of God and writes:

2 Samuel 16:12 ~ "It may be that the Lord will look on the wrong done to me, and that the Lord will repay me with good for his cursing today.” Is there anyone in your life that has done your wrong?  Maybe even this day?  Can we join this saint of old who conjured up that even cursing could be used by God.  Maybe God is repaying me with good by "this thing" that is happening to me? 

Luke 5:5-6 ~ You may be stuck in your situation for 38 years.  "Do you want to be healed?"

Whatever "this thing" is, know this.  Your God might be repaying you with good---His Goodness!




1 comment:

  1. My first thought while reading 2 Sam. 16:12 was to pray that verse...YES! Lord, "look upon my affliction and return good to me". My idea of good is a physical healing, but His idea may be totally different. Am I okay with that? I am so thankful for all that He does, can I be okay with not being healed right now? I am so consumed with that desire that I honestly can't answer.

    ReplyDelete