Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

2 Sam 1:16 and Luke 24:45 "Don't Take Matters into your own Hands" (May 7

I don't think figuring out life is as easy as people make it out to be.  I am currently embroiled in a mess.  A real mess.  And I do not know what to do other than Love God, Love His People, Trust in the Darkness, Fall Forward in Love.  I do not know.  Bring me the ephod.  Inquire of the LORD.  God help us!  But do no take matters into your own hands, Bev!  Don't do it. 

Luke 24:38 Why are you troubled, why do you have doubts arise in your mind?
Luke 24:45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.

For those of us who need to find our way
Find Your Kingdom
Disrupt Disturb Extinguish Enlighten Protect Provide

2 Samuel 1:16 ~ An Amalekite tells David that he killed the Anointed one, King Saul, the one who was trying to murder David.  David orders this man executed for killing the one whom God has anointed.  Unbelievable.  David never took matters into his own hands.  He trusted that God would take care of him and that God would take care of the evil king, his father-in-law. What will I do with this story?

2 comments:

  1. "He Himself stood in their midst" - He is always there and speaks to me out of an overflowing love, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?"

    David is an example of one inquiring of and waiting for God's timing. I can do the same even if the wait is long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David is such a good example of waiting on the Lord. I am so thankful to see him do it, and you are right--it's harder than most people seem to imply. Loving God, trusting, asking...and when the answer comes, you will be right at His Feet, the perfect place to find strength and wisdom.

    I woke this morning with an anxious heart over my wedding ring. It has been missing for about a month and I've looked everywhere. It was my grandmother's wedding ring that I wear as my own, so it meant so much to me. Anyway, I was really thinking it was gone for good--was sad and said a prayer that I would find it. It wasn't 2 hours later that I was putting some things away from the weekend, and there it was in plain sight. I had dropped it into a box accidentally when I was unpacking and it had fallen to the bottom of it without a sound. Today, He showed it to me. I almost think He was waiting on me, not me waiting on Him. When would I truly desperately cry out to Him over it? Today was the day. And I give Him much glory! He's so much bigger than the finder of things lost. He's our next Breath.

    ReplyDelete