Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Matt 12:50 and Job 27:6 "Hold Fast" (January 18)

The mother and brothers of Jesus stood at the door of where He was teaching and asked for Him.  Jesus' reply: Matt 12: 49-50 Here are my mother and my brothers!  For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” No special treatment.  No hierarchy in God's Kingdom.  No big people and little people.  We are all his brothers and sisters and mothers.  Not in the world in which I live! ... where I am not recognized nor sought after ... but in God's Kingdom His Pursuit of me is relentless, inexpressible, incessant.

Job isn't recognized anymore by his friends or his community.  Job's reply:  Job 27:2 “As God lives, Who has taken away my right, and the Almighty, who has made my soul bitter, as long as my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils, my lips will not speak falsehood, and my tongue will not utter deceit." 

Job 27:6 "Hold fast, my Righteousness." Hold fast, my Friend. As long as breath is in us. What is our hope when God cuts us off?  This we know, the Almighty is always doing us good, even in suffering.  Hold fast!

6 comments:

  1. Today is the day! Baby Isabella makes her debut around 7 this morning. Laura has to do a c section so extra prayers for her safety and their health and peace throughout especially for my son, Greg for calm! We are so excited. More to come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev,

    I haven't decided for sure if I am going to the SSMT. We have a lot going on and transporation may be an issue. I'll have to see if I can work it out.

    --michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, baby Isabella should be here by now. Anxious for updates...hope you will be able to post pictures on FB. Pray all went well. Had two grandbabies delivered by c-section...one just turned 13..praying for recovery and joy and happiness to be flowing.


    As I watch a dear friend and her family suffer through and over the rebellion of a young man, we both say the only way to growth in your faith is for it to be tested. None of us want to suffer in any way, nor do we want our loved ones to suffer. Yet, in God's kingdom our faith is not our faith till it has been tried and tested and stretched.

    What a blessing to read and discover that in God's kingdom there is no hierarchy, no little people and no big people....all the same. He pursues after each one of us, as though we were the ONLY one in the entire universe. We are each ONE special to Him. What comfort and encouragement that is to be on this cold winter morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maintaining integrity through difficult times can be done through His power and strength. Hold fast!

    Careless words flow when I have not been saturated with/in His Word. The mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart. Offering "my two cents" can be costly if not filtered through the hands of Jesus.

    Praying for Baby Isabella, Laura and Greg this morning! Congratulations.

    I am blessed by your words Mary Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A baby! I just know she is a bundle of joy and delight! Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's birthday. Birthstone is garnet and it always reminds me of the sacrificial blood Christ shed for me. Annette, give her a kiss for me.

    Michele, I pray, pray, pray you will get to go to the SSMT! I wouldn't miss it if I lived closer. I bet Beth will have some really special guests there for all of you! I know fuzzytop is going and Oceanmommy. I'm not too sure about any others. Celebrating all the scripture that has been hidden in our hearts!

    Glory to God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The pillars of heaven tremble and are astounded at his rebuke."

    Can you just imagine???

    I was in Madison, Ga, this past Sunday. It is an old, antebellum town that Gen. Sherman didn't burn as he made his terrible march through Georgia, burning a path of destruction through to Savannah. Some of the homes there are mansions. Southern mansions with huge pillars all around the perimeter.

    I picture the pillars of heaven and how they tremble at God's rebuke. Fear God? Oh, yes. Curse God? Oh, no. He is the Rock I stand on and my integrity is firmly bound to Him and His power over my life.

    Loved the thought of His whisper. May we have ears to hear.

    ReplyDelete