A String of Pearls

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

273 - "Lean On The God of Israel" Isaiah 47-49; Romans 9:1-15


Who am I really listening to?
What is playing over and over in my mind?
Am I listening to God?
Am I listening to what it means to "move in" to love those difficult people in my life?
\
You claim to be citizens of the Holy City; 
you act as though you lean on the God of Israel, 
named God-of-the-Angel-Armies. 
You've never been good listeners to me. 
You have a history of ignoring me.
I've refined you, but not without fire. 
I've tested you like silver in the furnace of affliction.  
Come close, listen carefully:   I've always been present with you."
Isaiah 48

He said to me, “You are my servant,
    Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.”

But I said, “I have labored in vain;

    I have spent my strength for nothing at all.
Yet what is due me is in the Lord’s hand,
    and my reward is with my God.”

                                                                                Isa 49:3-4

Do I allow an Infinite God the Sovereign Right
to manage the affairs of His Creation?
May we adore His Pardoning Mercy,
His New-Creating Grace,
His Ever-Vigilant Superintending,
His Almighty Power.
Christ is God over all.  Romans 9:5.

Romans 9:13 ~ "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." A stunning verse to comprehend. What shall we say??  Injustice!  "By no means.  For God says to Moses: I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
Praying for us all that the Holy One shifts His Eyes of Mercy our way.  It is all about the Sovereign Will of God not about my human exertion.

PHOTO: My prayer today is for these two guys lean in their lives to listen to God all their days.

No comments:

Post a Comment