A String of Pearls

Monday, September 28, 2026

271 - "Wood Fuels Fires and Carves Idols" Isaiah 43-44; Romans 8:1-21

 

The Lord says:  I created you.  I formed you.  I redeemed you.  I summoned you by name.  You are mine.When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  And the fire will not burn you.  Isaiah 43:1-2

When God acts, who can reverse it?  Isaiah 43:13.

God formed me from the womb. No one on earth knows me like that. He wired me together this way. He will help me even when I am fed up with me. Isaiah 44:2

He'll pour water on thirsty real estate. He'll pour His Spirit on our children.  

Fear not.

This God Who has formed us is here to redeem us. And that changes everything.  

The more that we know about things in this life, the less we wonder. The more that we know about things in the next life, the more we wonder. Mystery! While an earth groans and the Spirit inside of us bears witness: "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1. No spirit of slavery. No more. We have a spirit of adoption. So, cry out to the most real thing in the world! Romans 8:15. "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of tthe Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:26.  And pray where you are suffering.  "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us." Romans 8:18. "The sufferings of the saints strike no deeper than the things of time, last no longer than the present time, are light afflictions, and but for a moment. How vastly different are the sentence of the word and the sentiment of the world, concerning the sufferings of this present time!"  Matthew Henry. The sentence of the Word tells us that tribulations will happen to us in this life; the sentiment of the world says that if God is really good, then He will protect us and spare us from this suffering. May we live for the the truth of the word of Grace not sentiment.  May our thoughts that keep returning for a visit home conclude in truth not sentiment.  

PRAYER FROM PSALMS
"Guide me in Your Truth and teach me, O God, for you are my God, my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."  Psalm 25:5  All. Day. Long. This day, I will put my hope in You. For what I entertain in my thoughts, hold in my heart, please intercede with groanings too deep for words, according to Your Will.  For You, I wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment