A String of Pearls

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

272 - "Stirred More By My High Calling or By My Pain?" Isaiah 45-46; Romans 8:22-39

                                                                   

 "I've singled you out, called you by name, and given you this privileged work."  Am I more stirred this day by my high calling or by the pain in my life?  Isa 45:11: "Do you question who or what I'm making? Are you telling me what I can or cannot do?"  Radical Repentance needed to respond to the truth of the Gospel to advance His Kingdom.

God will never stop doing you good.  Isaiah 45:3-6.  God says: I've been carrying you on my back from the day you were born, And I'll keep on carrying you when you're old. I've done it and will keep on doing it.  So why do I act like the center of the universe is me, sometimes.

What an introduction in Psalm 46:10. I am God! Be still. Know this! Such a beautiful way to introduce the offer. Take this comfort: I am with you. I am for you. That is what you use to answer your worries. 
The Hebrew word for "be still" means to let it fall; let the concerns hang down. Then, slack off, especially your hands. No exertion needed. Leave the matter with God. Oh! The Providence in all our problems. 
Oh! The Power in what we contemplate. Oh! That introduction! Take the comfort! 

What is most alive in me this day?  Am I more alive with other people who are "safe" and backing away from those closest to me?  Heaven forbid.  What does love look like today toward those in my life who are difficult to read and dismissive in actions toward me?  "Only those who know they are not acting right and hate their responses more than their pain and emptiness---those people will experience transformation to love their spouse, their children, their families, their friends.   I have prayed this verse for you over and over throughout all of your lives. Romans 8:26

"The Holy Spirit is the spring of all desires toward God, which are often more than words can utter." M. Henry.  The Spirit Himself intercedes for you in wordless groans.  Rom 8:26,

Nothing can come between your soul and those wordless groans of glory.  God is answering!

PHOTO:  The sun draping our city in the power of Light. Only God can raise this sun every day. That's the same power we have to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment